[389-users] Enable posix attributes via LDAP

Jonathan Vaughn jonathan at creatuity.com
Fri May 17 00:06:44 UTC 2013

We're trying to create accounts (with the posixaccount objectclass and so
forth) via LDAP, and while we can add the objectclasses and set the
attributes without error, the attributes for posixaccount don't show up on
subsequent LDAP queries. Looking at the entry via the 389 Console I see
that the values were set correctly but the checkbox for 'Enable Posix User
Attributes' is unechecked - I had thought checking this merely added the
relevant objectclass but apparently there's some other special magic
occuring.

How can we "enable" these attributes (so that we can than retrieve them via
LDAP later) via LDAP ? Manually going in via the console and "enabling"
them via the checkbox for every new account is not a "solution".