[389-users] Upgrade failure

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 01:26:39 UTC 2013

On 11/25/2013 03:54 PM, Rich Megginson wrote:
> Is there some reason you need to upgrade from the OS provided official
> RHEL 6.4 version of 389-ds-base to the non-OS provided version from the
> rmeggins epel6 repo?

I no longer remember why that's there, actually.  I feel like there was
a feature not available in the RH packages, but have forgotten exactly what.

> Are you using attribute encryption?

No, not as far as I know.

> The error message is saying that it cannot find your unlocked server SSL
> key.  I am assuming this all worked before, and you have a pin.txt file
> and/or you have permanently unlocked your key/cert db.

The key/cert db has one key which requires no passphrase, the
corresponding certificate, and the certificates of the CA (StartSSL).