[389-users] Issues with group names on RHEL6

harry.devine at faa.gov harry.devine at faa.gov
Tue Oct 22 14:09:48 UTC 2013

(In my haste to post this, my first email didn't have a subject.  My
apologies!)

We have been working this problem for two weeks debugging. We have 389-ds
running and multi-master with 3 RHEL6 servers and a RHEL5. The RHEL5 ldap
clients authenticate correctly to the RHEL6 389-ds directory server and
with 'id' command can see all groups a user belongs too.

The same command in a RHEL6 ldap client using sssd shows ONLY the primary
group. If we change the ldap clients to point at the RHEL5 389-ds
directory server the same results occur. The one consistency is any RHEL6
ldap client we setup will authenticate to either RHEL5 or RHEL6 but the
entire list of groups that user belongs to do not transfer independent of
server version. We have enumerate set to true and we have
ldap_group_member set to uniqueMember. These seems to point to the ldap
client as RHEL5 client works just fine and both RHEL5 and RHEL6 389-ds
servers react the same but we're not sure how to correct or is it a bug.
HELP?

Thanks!

Harry Devine
Common ARTS Software Development