[389-users] replication password

Noriko Hosoi nhosoi at redhat.com
Wed Apr 2 17:39:56 UTC 2014

Hello,

This password is base64 encoded and folded at the ~80th column. (So,
please do not remove the last '=')
userPassword::
e1NTSEF9dGljWTdhcTlFSVRoYmRrZHhYcWxWN2dLZnhSMVpFeEJWd0xOeEE9PQ==

If you decode it, it looks like this:

    {SSHA}ticY7aq9EIThbdkdxXqlV7gKfxR1ZExBVwLNxA==

It is SSHA hashed.

I think you have a directory manager privilege.  If so, you could reset
the password by ldapmodify command?
ldapmodify ... << EOF
dn: cn=replicationManager,cn=config
changetype: modify