[389-users] 389-console broken

warron.french warron.french at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 17:41:54 UTC 2014

Does anyone have instructions on how to troubleshoot logging into the
389-console?

I haven't made any changes to 389 Directory Server (version
389-ds-1.2.2-1.el6.noarch) for over a week.

The change I made was to enable the directory server to run on port 636,
and drop support for port 389.  After making those changes I am positive
that there was no ill effect because I was able to successfully login to
the console and create a test user account using POSIX values.

Today is the first time since the 26 March (today is 3 April) that I have
attempted to log back into the console.

I can no longer perform "ldapsearch -x -Z" while I am logged in as root on
the server itself.

On the console login box I have the following:

cn=Directory Manager
<password_for_DM>
http://localhost:9830/

However the error I get back is:

Cannot logon because of an incorrect User ID, Incorrect password or
Directory problem.

Http Exception:
Response:  HTTP/1.1  401  Authentication Required

Any ideas of how to troubleshoot this further, more importantly fix the
issue I am having with logging in?

Warron French
703.967.8936(c)
571.307.5311(W)