[389-users] Long distance replication

Jonathan Vaughn jonathan at creatuity.com
Mon Apr 14 21:08:08 UTC 2014

We currently MMR replicate through an OpenVPN tunnel between Texas and
Poland without any issues. Even if the tunnel goes down for some reason,
once it comes back up they resume replication without intervention. Since
we nearly only make changes here in Texas that just means that Poland falls
behind in replication and might for example have old passwords in LDAP and
Kerberos (which is LDAP backed), but otherwise doesn't break anything.