[389-users] Installing dsgw web interface

harry.devine at faa.gov harry.devine at faa.gov
Wed Apr 23 17:41:00 UTC 2014

I'd like to try out the web interface, and I'm trying to follow along with
some tips I've found online.  I  have dsgw installed on my server
(389-dsgw-1.1.11-1.el6.x86_64).  I ran the setup-ds-dsgw script and
restarted the admin server, but going to http:<my_ip>:9830 just times out.
 If I copy /etc/dirsrv/dsgw/dsgw-httpd.conf to my server's apache
directory, restart apache, and try going to http://<my_ip>/dsgw, I get an
error stating "Problem  Bad or missing configuration file (Cannot open
"/etc/dirsrv/dsgw/default.conf").

That file is there, so what do I have to do to make this work?  Do I have
to edit the dsgw-httpd.conf and configure that further?

Thanks for any tips!

Harry Devine
Common ARTS Software Development
AJM-245