[389-users] Export/Import: openldap-2.3.27 to 389-ds-1.2.2-1

Brian Arthur brianpatrickarthur at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 20:02:14 UTC 2014

Hi,

I’m trying to import an openldap-2.3.27 export into 389-ds-1.2.2-1 and am
getting the follow errors in the “rejects” file:
Invalid syntax. cn: value #0 invalid per syntax

Sample: cn:: TWFyaW8gUmH6bCBDaGFuZw==

I’ve determined (I think) that these errors are from CN value pair that are
base64 encoded LATIN1 characters. If I decode string(base64 command),
convert it to UTF8(via iconv), I can import into Fedora389 successfully. I
have a lot of entries with these values and am looking for an easy solution.

Has anyone come across this before and written a script to process an LDIF
file or a different way to transfer the data? I’m not much of a programmer
but I do have programmers in my organization that could assist me if a
script is the best solution.

Thanks!