[389-users] Export/Import: openldap-2.3.27 to 389-ds-1.2.2-1

Jochen Schneider scne59 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 19:59:23 UTC 2014

On 28/04/14 19:24, Brian Arthur wrote:

> I’m not sure if it was turned off. How can I tell? All the “syntax”
> plugins I looked at in my config are “on”.

Maybe the openldap syntax checks do not work as expected?
E.g. Sun DSEE 6.3 does accept latin1 entries even when
nsslapd-syntaxcheck is set to "on". I would not expect openldap 2.3 to
be any more bullet proof in this regard.
Either way - it can be fixed.

> Has anyone come across this before and written a script to process an
> LDIF file or a different way to transfer the data? I’m not much of a
> programmer but I do have programmers in my organization that could
> assist me if a script is the best solution.

I have done something like that before:

http://pastebin.com/N57bHrGv
(slightly stripped)

Regards,