[389-users] Create User Defined Attributes

Vincent, Tony L CTR USARMY PEO MS (US) tony.l.vincent.ctr at mail.mil
Tue Dec 9 19:55:01 UTC 2014

I would like to know how to add a custom user defined attribute.  Basically I need to add another user defined attribute to user entries for another email address.  The F5 software that is looking at the user entries does not accept it when the current email field has multiple entries.  Is it possible to rename current attributes that are predefined?  And once the attributes are created is it possible to get them to show up on the properties screen in the GUI when double clicked.  I have tried previously to create one but it was never able to be added to the users.  Any help that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.  If any further information is need just let me know.

Thanks,

Tony Vincent
CISSP, VCP5, MCITP-EA
System Administrator