[389-users] One supplier; two consumers : how to enable replication of Account Lockout policy attributes?

Jon Detert jdetert at infinityhealthcare.com
Mon Feb 24 21:33:05 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

Both consumers are read-only.  I'd thought 'consumer' was synonymous with 'read-only replica'.  No?

So, I'll need to work out the chainOnUpdate to get things to work like I want.  Can I arrange so that my 2 ro replicas will only chain updates of Account Policy attributes?  I.e. so that they are ro except w.r.t. Account Policy Attributes?

Lastly, there's something about this section:
https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/9.0/html/Administration_Guide/Managing_Replication-Replicating-Password-Attributes.html#replicating-pwd-policy
that I don't understand.  It says that you only have to turn on the passwordIsGlobalPolicy on the 'consumers'.  So, I locked an account via my rw supplier (aka 'master').  However, the account lockout policy attrs did not get replicated to my 2 ro consumers.  But when I turned on the passwordIsGlobalPolicy on my rw supplier, locked another account via the rw supplier, the attrs were replicated to my 2 ro consumers.  So, am I misunderstanding what a 'consumer' is, or is the documentation wrong?

Thanks,

Jon