[389-users] Upgraded to RHDS 9.1 but Console is Still Looking for 9.0 JAR

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Wed Jan 8 17:57:52 UTC 2014

On 01/08/2014 10:52 AM, Paul Whitney wrote:
> Hi Rich, thank you for the quick response.
>
> I ran the script as you suggested and after the interview process
> (server, credentials, etc) the update stops on error:
>
> Error adding entry 'cn=PAM Pass Through Auth,cn=plugins,cn=config'.
> Error: Already exists.

Can you provide the output of running
setup-ds-admin.pl -u -ddd

> I did not run this setup-ds-admin script on the other servers in my
> development environment, but they were able to update successfully
> with just the setup-ds.pl -u script.

Note that rpm/yum runs setup-ds.pl -u during the post-install phase.
You should never have to run setup-ds.pl -u manually. setup-ds-admin.pl
-u cannot be run automatically because it has to contact the (possibly)
remote machine with o=NetscapeRoot, and you have to provide the admin
password.

> Also, as a test, I created a new instance on the server and the new
> instances does show that it is using version 9.1.

Right.  New instances will work fine.  The problem is in upgrading
existing instances.

> Paul M. Whitney
> E-mail: paul.whitney at mac.com
>

> On Jan 08, 2014, at 12:31 PM, Rich Megginson <rmeggins at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> On 01/08/2014 10:31 AM, Paul Whitney wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I recently updated RHDS 9.0 servers to 9.1.  I am getting mixed
>>> results with the update.  Steps taken:
>>>
>>> 1.  Stop all dirsrv and dirsrv-admin services
>>> 2.  Executed yum localupdate *.rpm

>>> 389-users at lists.fedoraproject.org