[389-users] synchronize 389DS uid with userPrincipalName from Active Directory

Mihai Carabas mihai.carabas at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 10:05:24 UTC 2014

Hi,

We are currently using 389-DS as a LDAP server for our university
(University Politehnica from Bucharest). Right now we have about 35000
accounts created into the 389-DS. We need to synchronize all the
accounts with an Active Directory server for various purposes (Wifi
authentication/e-mail authentication, etc). I've setup the 389-DS /
Active Directory replication succesfully but we have a design problem:
a very high number of users has the username (uid: field) larger than
20 characters and I can't pass this uid to the ntUserDomainId (which
is equivelant with the sAMAccount in AD). Is there any way that I can
populate the userPrincipalName with this uid? (which does not have the
limit indicated above)

Thank you in advance,
Mihai