[389-users] multi-master changelog, tombstone entries

Vesa Alho listat at alho.fi
Sat Mar 8 08:21:35 UTC 2014

Hi,

1. replication changelog
I've been running multi-master replication setup for a while and
realised hadn't configured expiration (changelog max age). Now my
changelog file is rather big and I would like get size down. I'm
planning to delete changelog and start with a fresh one following these
instructions:
https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/9.0/html/Administration_Guide/Managing_Replication-Deleting_the_Changelog.html

But since I have two multi-master servers, I was wondering what is the
best way to start with a fresh changelog?
Guide says I need to re-initialize consumers again, but if both
multi-master servers get new data during replication is off, I'm worried
I get into trouble when trying to get replication running again. In case
there is a risk, I rather keep the current state.

2. Tombstone entries
I was reading this:
https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/9.0/html/Administration_Guide/tombstones.html
=>
I noticed that at least in 1.2.11.25 value
nsDS5ReplicaTombstonePurgeInterval is not set at all. I guess because it
depends on environment? But is there a reason why it's not directly
visible in Console => Configuration => Replication (on the same page as
changelog max age)? Just saying I would not have noticed tombstone
purging unless reading administration guide carefully.

-Vesa