[389-users] Importing Pre-Hashed Passwords

Mark Reynolds mareynol at redhat.com
Mon Mar 10 14:25:44 UTC 2014

Steven,

What version of 389 are you using?

You can import it using the ldif2db command line tools.  Trying to add
it using ldapmodify is "not" importing an ldif.  There are explicit
checks that do not allow to add a prehashed password when adding an
entry this way.

There is a new "Password Administrators" feature in 1.3.1, where a
"Password  Admin" can add prehashed passwords using ldapmodify.

But for now, if you just use ldif2db/ldif2db.pl you can add that LDIF
without issue.

Regards,
Mark