[389-users] Non-contiguous attribute values

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Mar 11 00:41:35 UTC 2014

On 03/10/2014 04:14 PM, Timothy Pollard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We received this strange error a few hours ago for one of our DNS entries:
>
> [10/Mar/2014:15:56:01 +0000] - str2entry_fast: Error. Non-contiguous attribute values for tXTRecord
> [10/Mar/2014:15:56:01 +0000] - Entry "relativeDomainName=testingstatus,zoneName=OURORG.com,dc=DNS,o=Internet" required attribute "objectclass" missing
>
> This is a monitor DNS entry that we update every four minutes to verify that our
> Replication is working across the board, so that next error repeats every four
> minutes as we try to update the entry.
>
> The entry looks like it's had everything except for the tXTRecord field deleted
> as well. Fortunately it's a testing entry, so we can easily rebuild it manually.
>
> This error occurred a few minutes after a bad restart which required a changelog
> regenerate, so that may be related.
>
> Anyone know what might cause this?

No.  Let's take a look at the entry with state information:

ldapsearch -x -D "cn=directory manager" -W -s base -b
"relativeDomainName=testingstatus,zoneName=OURORG.com,dc=DNS,o=Internet"
"objectclass=*" nscpEntryWsi

If that doesn't work, let's take a look at the raw database entry:

dbscan -f /var/lib/dirsrv/slapd-INST/db/userRoot/entryrdn.* | grep -i
relativeDomainName=testingstatus

That will tell you the ID e.g. ID: 10

Then use that ID to look at the raw database entry:

dbscan -f /var/lib/dirsrv/slapd-INST/db/userRoot/id2entry.* -K 10