[389-users] Importing database to new server

Predrag Zecevic [Unix Systems Administrator] predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Tue Mar 11 15:58:44 UTC 2014

Hi,

how did you make backup (export) of LDAP data?

Regards.

On 03/11/14 04:55 PM, Elizabeth Jones wrote:
> I'm having some problems trying to import an existing database into a new
> server. I know I was able to do this in the past, but since I'm an idiot I
> did not take notes on what I did and now I can't seem to recreate it.
>
> The new server was built from scratch and I configured a vanilla 389DS on
> it.  I know that somehow in the past I was able to use a backup of one of
> my existing databases and import that into the new server, and I also know
> that I had to do something to make it understand that this was a new
> server (ldap2-clone) rather than ldap2.  But what would that step have
> been?  As I am now, every time I import the ldap2 database into the clone
> it ends up turning it into ldap2. I'm running
> 389-ds-base-1.2.11.25-1.el6.x86_64 on OEL 6.4.
>
> thanks,
>
> EJ

Predrag Zečević, Technical Support Analyst, 2e Systems GmbH

Telephone: +49 6196 9505 815, Facsimile: +49 6196 9505 894
Mobile:    +49  174 3109 288,     Skype: predrag.zecevic
E-mail:    predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

Headquarter:          2e Systems GmbH, Königsteiner Str. 87,
                       65812 Bad Soden am Taunus, Germany
Company registration: Amtsgericht Königstein (Germany), HRB 7303
Managing director:    Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!

We have DIFFERENT amounts of HAIR --