[389-users] Failed to send extended operation: LDAP error -1 (Can't contact LDAP server)

David Boreham david_list at boreham.org
Mon May 5 15:52:00 UTC 2014

On 5/5/2014 9:46 AM, Graham Leggett wrote:

> [05/May/2014:17:36:04 +0200] NSMMReplicationPlugin - agmt="cn=Agreement servera.example.com" (servera:636): Replica has a different generation ID than the local data.
>
> I haven't the faintest clue what a "generation ID" is, how you set it, or what the administrator is supposed to do should this be different.

Are you importing an ldif file with the right content for replica
initialization ? (the error message suggests not).
The documentation on this page covers the initialization of a replica by
ldif :
https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Directory_Server/8.2/html/Administration_Guide/Managing_Replication-Initializing_Consumers.html