[389-users] db2bak.pl error with changelogdb

Michael Gettes gettes at gmail.com
Thu May 15 01:19:37 UTC 2014

David,

Thank you so much for the 3 replies.  They are VERY illuminating and helpful for me to now press ahead and better address my own particular needs based on our “requirements”.  What I now intend to do is to perform, at regular intervals, db2bak to a specific directory.  as i would like to convert the bak db to ldif, it doesn’t appear there is a relatively easy way to do this… either i’d have to mockup a new config dir to reference the bak db as the real db so db2ldif will work or i would have to create a new slapd instance and then configure it for schema and such to be identical to the real instance on the server and then db2bak with the output being the bak instance so i can run db2ldif on on the bak db.  Bummer.

nonetheless, i do appreciate your timely responses and the education i gained from them.

/mrg