[389-users] Schema for sss_ssh_authorizedkeys

Trey Dockendorf treydock at gmail.com
Mon May 26 19:58:26 UTC 2014

I'm attempting to manage user ssh authorized keys in 389 with clients using
SSSD.  I came across the RHEL docs [1] regarding the sss_ssh_authorizedkeys
application but I do not see mention of the expected attributes for a user
account to use this method.   Does 389 include the necessary schema?  If
so, what attributes should I look into?  If the schema does not exist, is
there a place I can reference to see how FreeIPA implements the schema to
then add as a custom schema to my 389 instance?

I realize FreeIPA contains this functionality but I can not use FreeIPA
because our authentication is provided by our campus' Kerberos realm and we
use 389 PAM pass through plugin to authenticate users.  As far as I'm aware
this functionality cannot be used in FreeIPA without OTP which is not
available in EL6 or EL7.

Thanks,
- Trey

[1]