[389-users] Password too similar to old one

Jonathan Vaughn jonathan at creatuity.com
Thu May 29 17:42:15 UTC 2014

Probably the culprit is specifically pam_cracklib, which among other things
checks if password are too similar.

http://www.linux-pam.org/Linux-PAM-html/sag-pam_cracklib.html

Looks like you can use the difok=N option to specify how many characters
need to differ from old one for it not to be "too similar". You could set
this to 1 or 2 to allow incremental changes at the end, or 0 probably to
disable entirely.

>>> 389-users at lists.fedoraproject.org