[389-users] Solaris 5.2 DS replicate to 389 DS

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Sun Nov 2 20:33:27 UTC 2014

On 11/02/2014 02:22 PM, Gary Algier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am looking for help with creating a replication agreement between a
> Solaris DS and a 389 DS.  I says in the FAQ:

> Sun DS 5.2 changed the replication protocol, so you cannot do Sun DS
> 5.2 style replication with 389. However, Sun DS 5.2 has a legacy
> replication mode with which they are able to replicate to their 5.1
> and 5.0 servers. This replication mode works with 389.

This is misleading because it implies that you have to "do something" in
the configuration Sun DS 5.2 replication.  Sun DS 5.2 should just work -
it should just automatically detect an older version.

> My Solaris DS is 5.2.4, my 389 DS is 389-ds-base-1.3.2.23-1.fc20. I
> have setup a legacy consumer on 389 DS and a replication agreement on
> Solaris DS. No matter what I do it does not seem to want to
> replicate.  I even tried setting the Solaris 4.x replication mode
> (which does not help).  I don't see anyplace to say I want
> 5.0/5.1-style replication.  Is there anyone who has successfully made
> this replication work that might be willing to help?

You shouldn't have to do anything special.  389 (regular replication,
not legacy or other) should just replicate with Sun DS 5.2 (regular
replication, nothing special).