[389-users] How relevant is Poodlebleed Bug to 389?

Paul Tobias paul.tobias at geonomics.com
Fri Oct 17 08:55:34 UTC 2014

You probably want to disable SSLv3 on the admin server too. Add the
following line to /etc/dirsrv/admin-serv/console.conf:
 NSSProtocol TLSv1.0,TLSv1.1

Documentation here:
https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/mod_nss.git/plain/docs/mod_nss.html

Regarding the directory server, I didn't find "nsTLS1" under
cn=encryption,cn=config, but setting "nsSSL3: off" did the trick, the
openldap command line tools, the 389ds-console and sssd still works. (We
have "nsslapd-minssf: 128" in cn=config).

You can test like this:
 openssl s_client -connect hostname:389 -ssl3
 openssl s_client -connect hostname:636 -ssl3
 openssl s_client -connect hostname:9830 -ssl3

If the above commands says something like:
 140183413589832:error:1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong
version number:s3_pkt.c:337:
 New, (NONE), Cipher is (NONE)
Then SSLv3 is disabled.

If the s_client output looks like this:
 New, TLSv1/SSLv3, Cipher is AES128-SHA
and it's waiting for input, then SSLv3 is enabled!

Have a nice day,
Paul