[389-users] Searching for userCertificate

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Tue Oct 21 11:29:32 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I am trying to research how it might be possible to do a directory search for an exact match on a digital certificate storing in userCertificate. Most specifically, I want to do a simple lookup based on a binary match of the cert, its not enough to do the combination of DN and serial number.

Does anyone know whether a simple search will work with 389ds or if there are any gotchas to look out for? Some googling would suggest that openldap can’t do it, I was wondering if 389ds had the same problem.

Regards,
Graham
—