[389-users] Error code 51 and replication errors

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Wed Oct 22 17:10:52 UTC 2014

On 10/22/2014 10:58 AM, Shilen Patel wrote:
> 1.2.11.15 is a couple of years old?

Yes and no.  1.2.11.15 was the starting point for EL6.  However, many,
many features and fixes have been backported from later versions into
1.2.11.15-47 in EL 6.6.

> I had to upgrade to the latest in copr because of another issue that I
> think was fixed in 1.2.11.30.

Has that issue been fixed in 1.2.11.15-47 in EL 6.6?  I know a lot of
389 community members running on EL6 were using fedorapeople/copr repos
because they could not wait until those fixes/features were available in
EL 6.6.  Now that EL 6.6 is out, I encourage you (and anyone else in
this situation) to stop using fedorapeople/copr builds and instead use
1.2.11.15-47 in EL 6.6.

> If I’m misunderstanding version numbers in EL vs copr, please let me know.

See above.

> But my main question is the second question regarding best practices
> for detecting replication failures and I think that applies to all
> versions?

nsds5replicaLastUpdateStatus is the documented way to get replication
status.  The fact that this error is not being reported that way seems
like a bug.
You can also monitor the errors logs.

As for this particular problem, see
https://fedorahosted.org/389/ticket/47409