[389-users] Ldif import issue

Mark Reynolds mareynol at redhat.com
Thu Jan 15 16:21:57 UTC 2015

On 01/15/2015 11:06 AM, Jean FĂ©lix DESIR wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'am facing this  import issue:
>
> I can't add this attribut to a object on my 389 DS:
>
> dn:
> cn=template,ou=services,ou=profiles,ou=Authent,dc=region,dc=enterprise,dc=net
> rbClientDnsPri: XXXXXXX
> *rbForwardPolicy: MYVALUE*
> rbContextName: PPP
> objectClass: top
> objectClass: radiusaccount
> objectClass: costemplate
> cn: template
> framedRouting: None
> framedProtocol: PPP
> framedIpNetmask: 255.255.255.255
> framedCompression: Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP
>

> ldapadd  -x -D "cn=Directory manager" -f ouservices.ldif  -W
> Enter LDAP Password:
> adding new entry
> "cn=template,ou=services,ou=profiles,ou=Authent,dc=region,dc=enterprise,dc=net"
> ldap_add: Invalid syntax (21)
>         additional info:*rbForwardPolicy*: value #0 invalid per syntax
Hi Jean,

The attribute syntax for *rbForwardPolicy* is generalized time
(1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.24), so the value you are using is NOT a
generalized time - hence the syntax error.  You probably wanted to use a
"Directory String" syntax instead:  1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15

attributeTypes: ( rbForwardPolicy-oid NAME *'rbForwardPolicy*' DESC
'Redback RADIUS RB-Forward-Policy' SYNTAX
*1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15* SINGLE-VALUE X-ORIGIN 'user defined' )

Regards,
Mark