[389-users] DIRSRV restarts - Multiple times today

Jordan, Phillip pjordan at transunion.com
Mon Mar 2 19:08:16 UTC 2015

Today the DIRSRV has crashed twice on each of our two servers.  We have been attempting to find the root cause and also in weeks past installed the CORE Pack RPMS.  In debugging this in stage we were able to create a manual core file but once we upgraded to -48 in stage we can no longer do so.  Since in production we were at release .48 and the same condition was occurring where we could not create a manual core file.   This validated that the update to .48 made the ability to create core files inoperable.

Can someone assist in getting us detailed information on how to get a CORE so that these can be resolved? As I wrote this email two more DIRSRV failures occurred and the service was recycled.

OS information:

Oracle Linux Server release 6.6

Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.6 (Santiago)

Oracle Linux Server release 6.6

DIRSRV information

389-ds-base-devel-1.2.11.15-48.el6_6.x86_64

389-ds-base-libs-1.2.11.15-48.el6_6.x86_64

389-ds-base-1.2.11.15-48.el6_6.x86_64

389-ds-base-debuginfo-1.2.11.15-48.el6.x86_64

Phillip Jordan

Lead Engineer, Web Hosting

555 W. Adams

Chicago, IL 60661

transunion.com <http://www.transunion.com/>

This email including, without limitation, the attachments, if any, accompanying this email, may contain information which is confidential or privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. The information is for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution, review or use of the contents of this email, and/or its attachments, is without authorization and is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify us by reply email immediately and destroy all copies of this email and its attachments.