[389-users] LDAP allows null bases

Ludwig Krispenz lkrispen at redhat.com
Wed Mar 11 13:49:26 UTC 2015

Hi,

in my opinion this is not a security issue, but a feature compliant to
the ldap rfcs. A server should expose a minimal set of information about
itself, eg supported controls, saslmechanisms, namingcontexts even to
anonymous users - and many applications rely on this.
If you really want to turn this off, you need to modify the aci for the
"dn:" entry

Ludwig