[389-users] GUI console and Kerberos

Paul Robert Marino prmarino1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 17:54:49 UTC 2015

Hey every one
I have a question I know at least once in the past i setup the admin
console so it could utilize Kerberos passwords based on a howto I
found once which after I changed jobs I could never find again.

today I was looking for something else and I saw a mention on the site
about httpd needing to be compiled with http auth support.
well I did a little digging and I found this file
/etc/dirsrv/admin-serv/admserv.conf

in that file I found a lot of entries that look like this
"
<LocationMatch /*/[tT]asks/[Cc]onfiguration/*>
  AuthUserFile /etc/dirsrv/admin-serv/admpw
  AuthType basic
  AuthName "Admin Server"
  Require valid-user
  AdminSDK on
  ADMCgiBinDir /usr/lib64/dirsrv/cgi-bin
  NESCompatEnv on
  Options +ExecCGI
  Order allow,deny
  Allow from all
</LocationMatch>

"
when I checked /etc/dirsrv/admin-serv/admpw sure enough I found the
Password hash for the admin user.

So my question is before I wast time experimenting could it possibly
be as simple as changing the auth type to kerberos
http://modauthkerb.sourceforge.net/configure.html
keep in mind my Kerberos Servers do not use LDAP as the backend.