[389-users] 389 ds as main object for storage all users

Dave Sirrine dsirrine at redhat.com
Thu May 28 01:27:27 UTC 2015

With IPA trust set up, you can have local IPA users and AD users in the same environment. I'm not 100% sure on the order of operations, but a lookup will be performed against IPA then forwarded on to the trust, or vice versa. But you should be able to have an environment with both users in IPA and users in AD. Here's some information on how to set it up if you're interested in giving it a test: . https://www.freeipa.org/page/Active_Directory_trust_setup

-- David