[389-users] making a dedicated consumer a supplier

Mark Reynolds mareynol at redhat.com
Thu Nov 12 18:05:27 UTC 2015

On 11/12/2015 12:31 PM, ghiureai wrote:
> Hi List ,
>
> I'm looking for cmd line steps to make a dedicated consumer in  a
> supplier in  single master replication ( if original master goes
> offline), I have the steps from  Admin GUI ,
> I would like to  hase same steps but using cmd's line  :
> - add the  new changelog entry at to be supplier host  ,
>  next how can I disable  dedicated consumer and re-enable as single
> master/supplier ( would changing
> nsds5replicatype: to 3 be sufficient ? ) , -reboot DS - no agreements
> needs to be created. Are this steps sufficient?
Almost...

Here are the steps using ldapmodify (you will need to modify some of the
values to match your installation):

Create a changelog

dn: cn=changelog5,cn=config
changetype: add
objectclass: top
objectClass: extensibleObject
cn: changelog5
nsslapd-changelogdir: /var/lib/dirsrv/slapd-YOUR_INSTANCE/changelogdb

Modify the replica entry (this example uses "dc=example,dc=com" as the
suffix):

dn: cn=replica,cn=dc\3Dexample\2Cdc\3Dcom,cn=mapping tree,cn=config
changetype: modify
replace: nsDS5ReplicaType
nsDS5ReplicaType: 3
-
replace: nsDS5Flags
nsDS5Flags: 1
-
replace: nsDS5ReplicaId
nsDS5ReplicaId: <some number less than 65535)

Then you can create replication agreements.

Mark