[389-users] memberOf pluging and multimaster replication

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Fri Oct 2 22:48:21 UTC 2015

On 10/02/2015 12:16 PM, ghiureai wrote:

> Hi List and Rich,
>
> as per last documentation update I am trying to cfg fractional
> replication ( excluding memberOf plunging)  for a multimaster cfg
> server 3 ldap server, when starting with first one aftr mentioning
> "memberOf " to be excluded in replication agreement , I get a message
> like this ""Fractional replication can be done to a read-only suffix
> in replica "...is this the case , so no multimaster will work with
> fractional replication ? , or any other issue to get with message ?
> I am following same procedure as for mutimaster replication except the
> agreement has  fractional replication , is this the correct approach ?

The ability to create multi-master fractional replication agreements has
been supported since 2008 (freeipa uses this feature heavily). However,
I don't know if we have ever tested this using the console, or told the
console to allow this.  I'm assuming you are attempting to get this to
work with the console?  If so, then try it with the command line
instructions.