[389-users] Random dirsrv freezes and high CLOSE_WAITs

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu Sep 3 16:41:25 UTC 2015

On 09/03/2015 09:02 AM, Prashant Bapat wrote:
> Rich,
>
> Version is 389-ds-base-1.3.3.8-1.fc21.x86_64
>
> Below is the "ldapsearch" command that works on the LDAP server.
>
>     ldapsearch -x -b "uid=testuser,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=example,dc=com"

In python this would be

ldap.initialize("ldap://localhost") [1]
conn.simple_bind_s() [2]
response =
conn.search_s("uid=testuser,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=example,dc=com",ldap.SCOPE_BASE)
[3]

[1] is different than "ipa.example.com" - so one possibility is that DNS
is not working correctly due to DS - but it depends on where the script
is hung
[2] is the same - anonymous bind
[3] assuming uid is "testuser", then the base is the same in your python
script - however, in your python script, you are asking for a specific
attribute list ["ipaSshPubKey", "ipaSshSigTimestamp", "loginshell"] -
not sure why that would make a difference

So, inconclusive.  Will need to see the stacktrace from gdb when the
server is hung.

Also, do you have any errors in the errors log?