[389-users] Trouble enabling memberof plugin

Craig Setera craig at baseventure.com
Tue Sep 8 19:31:03 UTC 2015

I did restart the server.  The following is an example of a user entry:

dn: uid=craig at demo.com,ou=demo,ou=People,dc=demo,dc=com
objectClass: accountPolicy
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: inetUser
objectClass: nuxeoUser
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: person
objectClass: pwmUser
objectClass: top
cn: Craig Setera
sn: Setera
givenName: Craig
mail: craig at demo.com
uid: craig at demo.com

Here is an example of a group:

dn: cn=administrators,ou=demo,ou=Groups,dc=demo,dc=com
objectClass: groupOfUniqueNames
objectClass: top
cn: administrators
uniqueMember: uid=craig at demo.com,ou=demo,ou=People,dc=demo,dc=com

The problem that I'm seeing is that having looked at the plugin's source
code, I would have expected to at least see this message in the log even if
things were misconfigured:

slapi_log_error( SLAPI_LOG_TRACE, MEMBEROF_PLUGIN_SUBSYSTEM,
        "--> memberof_postop_init\n" );

It is almost like the plugin is not being loaded.  However, the
configuration seems like it should be fine...

Thanks again,
Craig