[389-users] Expired Passwords still work on replica some replica consumers, not on others

Ryan Langford rlangford at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 19:08:25 UTC 2015

Hello,

I have a curious situation with our LDAP ecosystem at work.  I have 2 LDAP
hosts in one data center (one is a replication supplier, one is a consumer)
and 1 consumer host in a separate data center(DC-B).

The issue is expired users can still successfully authenticate against the
consumer host DC-B, even though LDAP shows that the password is expired.

I've compiled outputs from each host into the following paste:
https://paste.fedoraproject.org/273218/44362838/

We are using an old version of 389-ds (as you can see from the paste),
version 1.2.9.9, and as far as I can tell (i'm a relative LDAP neophyte)
our configuration and replication properties are as expected, but I'm not
sure if there might be a permissions issue, some other issue, or a bug in
the old version we're using.

What else should I check next?

Thanks,

Ryan