arm support for gprbuild

Björn Persson bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se
Sat Jun 28 18:04:01 UTC 2014

Pavel Zhukov wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As you probably know gprbuild is broken in Fedora'ARM.
> It happened because (for some reasons) koji uses
> --target=armv7hl-redhat-linux-gnu  for gprbuild configuration but
> gprbuild expects armv7hl-redhat-linux-gnueabi ("gcc -dumpmachine"'s
> output).
> I sent email to @devel and @arm and response was like "Gcc and mock
> do wrong things but we use that we want for consistency" [1].
> I'd not like to hardcore target somewhere or use dirty "sed tricks"
> to workaround that configuration.
>
> So... I need help :(
> Any ideas/suggestions?

I have very little time for Fedora work currently, but I would like to
at least understand what the problem is. Could you answer some questions
to help me understand the problem?

· Do you know if there's an important difference between "gnu" and
"gnueabi", or if it's just two names for the same thing?

· I get the impression that GPRbuild has a default target compiled in,
which it uses if --target isn't passed, and the value it uses for the
default comes from the RPM macro "configure". Is that right?

· Do GPRbuild and GPRconfig use the target string only for comparing to
the output of "gcc -dumpmachine", or is it also used for something else?
Does GPRbuild for example pass parameters to GCC based on the target
string that affect how GCC compiles code?

Björn