[fab] how should we run this list?

Thomas Chung tchung at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 18 04:15:53 UTC 2006

On 4/17/06, Max Spevack <mspevack at redhat.com> wrote:
> I've got 31 folks on this list right now.  They're all folks who were
> either on the old advisors list, or who contacted me specifically and
> "made sense" to add.
>
> http://www.redhat.com/mailman/roster/fedora-advisory-board
>
> How do we want to handle subscriptions in general?  Should we just let
> anyone on?  Do we want to keep the subscribed members to folks who have
> "proven" their contributions to Fedora?  How do we decide?  How do we keep
> the signal/noise level on this list at a good place?  Are there criteria
> under which people can be removed?

Allow me to be the first to start the conversation. :)

Personally, I believe this list should run similar to fedora-ambassadors-list.
We have several moderators who all monitor the subscriptions and
approve based on their minimum requirements. Obviously those
requirements should be different than Fedora Ambassadors Program since
this is a place where *the leaders of leaders* discuss the future
direction of Fedora Project. So yes, I believe this list should be
subscribed by people who "proved" their contributions to Fedora.  As
far as criteria goes, I believe it should be drafted by the board and
fine tuned by the advisory board.

Regards,
--
Thomas Chung