[fab] tuesday's fedora project board meeting

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Apr 18 16:43:18 UTC 2006

Am Dienstag, den 18.04.2006, 21:23 +0530 schrieb Rahul Sundaram:
> On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 17:50 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> > > Yep, it's a matter of building on that and making it even better than it
> > > already is.  That's why it shouldn't be too hard -- it's already mostly
> > > done.
> >
> > The weekly reports worked better in the beginning -- it seems to me that
> > they stalled a bit. Why? Well, for Extras this is my fault because I
> > stopped writing them after I got the impression that other
> > Fedora-Subprojects stopped writing them, too.
>
> I counted on various people within the individual sub projects to
> provide updates rather me trying to keep track of everything.

And that's okay. I tried to help by doing the work for some weeks until
it seemed to me that the concept stucked.

>  For some
> reason or the other not many have did it continuously.

I got the impression that nobody read it (I know that not entirely
true). The reports didn't get announced on fedora-announce list and the
Red Hat Magazine continued to use the news from fedoranews.org instead
of the weekly reports. It seemed that only some insiders even knew that
there are weekly reports compiled. That was the point where I thought "I
have more important things to do"

(BTW: I really would prefer if the Fedora weekly reports were used in
the Red Hat magazine. Why? I don't like some of the content on
fedoranews.org much -- but that's another story and I should probably
talk to tchung about that directly).

>  It's a relatively
> simple task if contributors involved with the sub project share the
> work. That has worked out well for the release notes.

I agree. But you have to find new contributors for that. Putting the
burden only one one person per sub-project is going to fail. Especially
if those persons don't have a lot of other work already.

CU
thl