[fab] tuesday's fedora project board meeting

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 18 16:51:03 UTC 2006

Hi

On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 18:43 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> > I counted on various people within the individual sub projects to
> > provide updates rather me trying to keep track of everything.
>
> And that's okay. I tried to help by doing the work for some weeks until
> it seemed to me that the concept stucked.

I dont think it got struck but the flow of content has been low.

> >  For some
> > reason or the other not many have did it continuously.
>
> I got the impression that nobody read it (I know that not entirely
> true). The reports didn't get announced on fedora-announce list and the
> Red Hat Magazine continued to use the news from fedoranews.org instead
> of the weekly reports. It seemed that only some insiders even knew that
> there are weekly reports compiled. That was the point where I thought "I
> have more important things to do"

Thats a good point. I guess I could do the announcements every monday to
fedora-announce list.

> (BTW: I really would prefer if the Fedora weekly reports were used in
> the Red Hat magazine. Why? I don't like some of the content on
> fedoranews.org much -- but that's another story and I should probably
> talk to tchung about that directly).

I would like fedoranews.org to move into a model where it publishes news
as and when it is announced rather than wait for the end of the week.
Weekly summaries can still be provided for all the published news for
other websites to syndicate it. Fedoranews.org and Red Hat Magazine can
link to the weekly reports too.

> >  It's a relatively
> > simple task if contributors involved with the sub project share the
> > work. That has worked out well for the release notes.
>
> I agree. But you have to find new contributors for that. Putting the
> burden only one one person per sub-project is going to fail. Especially
> if those persons don't have a lot of other work already.

It is not limited to one person per sub-project. Like I said anyone who
is willing to contribute is more than welcome to do so.

Rahul