[fab] Kadischi : Legal issues

Christopher Blizzard blizzard at redhat.com
Tue Apr 18 18:37:46 UTC 2006

Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:

>   a. Does he call it:
>     + Fedora KDE?
>     + RexKDE, based on Fedora?
>     + KDExcellent, a Fedora distribution?

Another might be "KDE LiveCD, based on Fedora."  Sounds dorky, but if
he's doing it because he likes KDE more than Fedora it makes sense.
It's not strong branding for us, because it doesn't look like it has our
blessing.  So maybe "KDE LiveCD, powered by Fedora."  might be better if
we're actually blessing it.

>   b. Does he need our approval, or is that approval implied
>      by the fact that it's all Fedora components?

Here's another way to put it: if you get it from fedoraproject.org
and/or official mirrors, it's Fedora.  If you get it from somewhere else
it's based on/powered by.  That's one possible knife we can use.

--Chris