But Why? Re: [fab] Split Fedora-Announce-List

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Wed Apr 19 04:21:39 UTC 2006

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

>> Have a question and a few comments.  Why do we need to do this?  Split up
>> the Fedora-Announce list?  I haven't heard complaints from the general user
>> community about there being announcements mixed in with package updates.
>> The idea may have merits, might it be a good idea to run this by our peers
>> in the Fedora community?
>
> Ambassadors for example had complaints that general announcements being
> mixed with package updates made it much harder for them to track
> relevant information.

I do like the idea of separating the RPM announcements from more general
fedora announcements, like stuff that the board wants to make public.
Some sort of global announce list that people are on because they see the
high signal/low noise value of it is very useful.  Stops us from having to
cross-post stuff to multiple lists if we want it to be seen.

--Max

--
Max Spevack
+ gpg key -- http://people.redhat.com/~mspevack/mspevack.asc