[fab] Fedora Logo Proposal

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Tue Aug 8 15:53:26 UTC 2006

On Mon, 7 Aug 2006, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> I think everyone would probably agree that any Creative Commons "NC" is
> not free enough (probably "ND" as well), but what about "BY" and/or
> "SA"?  Are there other licenses that work well for art?

Because the logo is a registered trademark, there are *no* open licenses
that can apply to it.  By definition.

Any usage of the Fedora logo must be "explicitly approved" by us.  Now,
that "explicit approval" process can be as lightweight as we can
*possibly* make it -- but *by definition* our cannot be placed into any
kind of commons.

The painful truth.

--g