[fab] Re: openmotif

Rahul sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Aug 29 17:27:50 UTC 2006

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Rahul (sundaram at fedoraproject.org) said:
>> We *already* have many packages both in Fedora Core and Fedora Extras
>> that dont meet the guidelines. If we are going to clean it up, we can do
>> so in a better manner than just dumping out packages.
>
> What packages do we have that are *neither* OSI or FSF?

None of the packages altered or dropped from Fedora Core so far meet
either the OSI or FSF guidelines. Openmotif and its dependencies in
Fedora Core dont. Few others like lha listed in the last audit update
mail probably isnt OSI compliant either.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-maintainers/2006-August/msg00076.html

We havent done the analysis in Fedora Extras yet including on all the
packages tagged "distributable".

Rahul