Fedora Freedom?

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 03:55:55 UTC 2006

On 12/5/06, David Zeuthen <davidz at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 18:32 -0500, Warren Togami wrote:
> > I propose that we call the Fedora universe collection "Fedora Freedom".
>
> -1 mainly because it sounds so.. self-righteous.

I agree on that.. for some reason it sounds to me grasping.. I think
it would take a Steve Jobs or Mark Shuttleworth to pull it off without
sounding pretensious, self-riteous, and fake. And in their case, it
would still sound that way, but people would buy it because well SJ/MS
hang out with rock stars and fly into space when they want.

> > The new acronym would not be confusing at all. =)
>
> FF is commonly used in some circles as an abbreviation for Firefox.

FireFox and Fantastic Four are what I see FF with