Fedora <insert favorite name here|null> 7 planing

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Tue Dec 12 15:46:08 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-12 at 07:12 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> With 4 weeks for each test cycle that would mean:
>
> January 02 -- Test 1
> January 30 -- Test 2
> February 27 -- Test 3
> March 27 -- Final Release
>
> January 02 is probably to hard to reach, so we should cut one cycle from
> four to three weeks. Which one? test3 maybe?

If you have to cut a week from one cycle, I'd make it Test1. Test1 is
the most likely to be broken in some unanticipated way, so it would be a
good idea to plan for a (slightly) quicker followup release to that one.

Also, I'd like to have a full 4 weeks after the No-Foolin'
Seriously-Guys This-Is-It Feature Freeze (Test3) to make sure we've got
the kinks worked out.

Does that sound reasonable?

-w