fedora 7 schedule (was Re: Fedora 7 planing)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Dec 12 22:53:50 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 12 December 2006 17:40, Max Spevack wrote:
> > RH Summit     May 9-11
> > Release       April 24 (exactly 6 months after FC6)
> > Gold          April 17
> > Test3         March 27
> > Test2         February 27
> > FudCon        February 9-11 (including hackfest)
> > Test1         January 30
> >
> > Not a lot of slip time in there (at least, not with the RH Summit as a
> > target).
> >
> > Comments?

Are these the release dates or the freeze dates?  I see both "Gold"
and "Release" listed, which makes me think these are freeze dates, but I
could be wrong.

> For example, Jesse, if you want to work in some mini-freezes, it should be
> pretty reasonable for you to take a schedule like this and just decide
> when you want them, right?

Yes.  I feel that the mini-freezes might be less structured and more based
upon significant changes or features or bugfixes that we want to get exposure
on before the next scheduled test release.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora