fedora 7 schedule (was Re: Fedora 7 planing)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Dec 12 23:09:41 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 12 December 2006 18:02, Dave Jones wrote:
> Oh, and there was the 'not really test4, but sort of' release that
> was needed because test3, well.. stunk.   There were a number of really
> nasty bugs in that which meant it wouldn't even install for quite a
> few people. How that one got out the building alive is anyones guess.
> Our internal testing procedures have hopefully improved since then though,
> and with the livecd on the horizon, we should see some of the
> 'it doesnt boot' bugs a lot sooner if we do daily spins of that iso
> and push it out with the daily rawhide push.

Well, I couldn't duplicate these problems on any of the systems I was doing
validation on.  Unfortunately we were hoping that more people were actually
trying to install rawhide more often than they were, instead of just doing
yum updates.  I plan on using mini-freezes and more snapshot iso releases to
aid in this, so that more people are trying the install that way rather than
just yum update.  Hopefully we'll catch more braindead stuff this way.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora