fedora 7 schedule (was Re: Fedora 7 planing)

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Wed Dec 13 15:24:54 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 06:52 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 12.12.2006 23:37, Max Spevack wrote:
> > Here was the proposal we came up with (modified for a Tuesday release, not
> > a Monday release), working backward:
> >
> > RH Summit	May 9-11
> > Release		April 24 (exactly 6 months after FC6)
>
> BTW, that sounds as we stick to the 6 month release cycle again. I
> thought there was some consensus from the last discussion that a long
> term foreseeable release cycle (such as the one from Gnome) is a good
> thing and that we want to aim for Early/Mid April and Early/Mid October.
> The above now is nearly late April (without slipping).
>
> So do people simply dislike the "long term foreseeable release cycle" or
> was it simply forgotten again? Or could the board simply discuss this once?

The problem is that I fundamentally don't see a way to pull in the
current schedule (note: these are release dates, not the freeze dates,
so the freeze ends up more early/mid April).  For better or worse, the
winter holiday season really messes with trying to play a little
faster/looser with things for this time around.

Jeremy