fedora-maintainers-annouce

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Thu Dec 14 16:05:42 UTC 2006

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Thursday 14 December 2006 10:05, Warren Togami wrote:
>> The list has already been created for weeks now.  Just I haven't had
>> time to launch it.  FESCo made this decision, and FESCo is going ahead
>> with it, for the project under FESCo's jurisdiction.
>
> No, it isn't.  maintainers-list is for ALL fedora maintainers, not just
> Extras.  I strongly do _not_ want to force all the Red Hat engineers to go
> subscribe to Yet Another List, it has been hard enough to get them on
> maintainers, I don't want to tell them now they have to be on TWO lists.
> This is why I'm so adamant about this, it is _NOT_ just FESCO.

The belief that all *VOLUNTEERS* can be expected to follow a discussion
list like fedora-maintainers and not miss important announcements is
just plain wrong.  We will NEVER win if we truly expect this to happen.

RH engineers is a different story.  It is at least possible for their
management to expect them to follow as part of their job.

fedora-maintainers-announce is going forward, to be subscribed with
folks in Extras owners.list.

If you have a problem with this, then it would require FPB to veto
FESCO's decision.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com