F7 Plan (draft)

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Dec 20 15:25:55 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 19 December 2006 18:10, Christopher Blizzard wrote:
> Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > 3. Use Pungi for tree building
> > Accountable: Jesse Keating
> >
> > Must be nearly fully functional by Test 2, as it is a prereq of later
> > features.
>
> Does this include being able to replace pilgrim for what we're using for
> OLPC today?  No is a fine answer, but I'm just trying to plan.

I'm going to say probably not.  I have enough on my plate to get F7 out the
door, and I really pictured pungi to be a tool to create the CD/DVD/Install
Tree for Fedora releases.  Adding more functionality or different outputs
will make the code more and more complex, and make it more difficult to flow
with anaconda and distribution changes.  Perhaps part of pungi could be used
by pilgrim, pungi provides a pypungi python object, with a gather class for
finding, depsolving, and downloading packages from given repos provided a
package manifest.  That might be useful to pilgrim.

> > 4. A Fedora Desktop spin of F7
> > Accountable: Jesse Keating (rel-eng), Jonathan Blandford, the Fedora
> >   Desktop SIG (what, you say there isn't one?)
>
> Are we keeping track of informed, responsible and consulted as well?  :D
>   I can probably throw my hat into consulted and possibly responsible,
> depending on what needs to happen.

Ah, RACI.  I plan on driving the planning for these different spins through
the Wiki, making it easier for folks to be consulted and informed.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora